Benefits of Canine Massage:
- Boosts the immune system
- Aids in recovery from exercise
- Aids in healing after surgery
- Can reduce scar tissue buildup
- Reduces edema/swelling
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Eases joint and muscle pain
- Improves range of motion
- Provides comfort during hospice
Sue Bohr NCCMT
Sue has always had a love for dogs, but it was one in particular that pushed her towards learning about the health benefits of canine massage. Spencer was her 13 year old Lab/Shepherd mix that passed away from Osteosarcoma. She felt there was more she could have done for him and that's when her journey began. Sue completed a 200 hour program with classroom and hands on training, while working 50+ hour per week at her corporate job. Needless to say, she has left that corporate world and is enjoying her new mission.
Sue's accreditations include:
- Chicago School of Canine Massage, now known as Canis Bodyworks - 2015 Graduate
- Pet CPR and First Aid Certified - 2015
- Nationally Certified Canine Massage Therapist - 2016
- Chicago School of Canine Massage, Instructor Training Program - 2016
- Canis Bodyworks, Instructor - 2016 - Present
- Fear Free Certified Professional - 2019
Sue continues her education in the canine massage world in hopes of spreading calming, comfort and healing to dogs through massage. When not working, Sue spends her time with her wife and their dog Maggie.
Our canine massage therapist is a Fear Free Certified Professional.
The Fear Free Certification program was developed and written by the most respected veterinary and pet experts in the world, including board veterinary behaviorists, experts in animal training, grooming and more. The Fear Free mission is to prevent and alleviate fear, anxiety and stress in pets by inspiring and educating the people who care for them and improving the experience of every human and pet involved.
Wet Nose is the first of its kind…a safe haven for dogs and cats, in a retail setting. From Fear Free grooming and training, to Fear Free play time for anxious dogs, our mission is to educate and offer support to the pets in our community and the fur-parents that love them.